Monday, June 1, 2009

E.T. My first movie memory

When I was younger going to the movies was a sort of treat, now-a-days people frequent the movies like it's second nature or maybe it was like that for me growing up since we didn't have much money, but the first movie I remember watching at the movies was E.T.

It was after church one Sunday, I was about 7yrs old and my parents took my brother and I to see the new movie which was a blockbuster making over 35 million at the box office.

I was excited just to be going to the movies, and I was amazed at the movie itself. The little boy made a friend who wasn't the same as him but also had feelings and emotion as well as senses such as smell, touch, pain, and joy. The little boy's family was distant (mom & dad) toward him, although the mom was there and yet E.T. seemed to have a closer bond w/ his own family but he was distant as well from them but physically and wanted to get back home.

I loved when E.T, would heal things with his glow finger and I loved Drew Barrymore in her first on screen performance. seeing it now she brought more character to the movie than the boy. the BEST part of the movie was when the boy was taking E.T, to his meeting place and in order to escape he had help which made the bike float into air. As a child I was amazed and I think I still am to this day. I did see the behind the screen and how it was made.

No comments:

Post a Comment